The Tusk Tri and 5k have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be refunding all participants their registration fees. We will host the 4th Annual race next year!
Start your season off right with the 4th Annual Tusk Tri! A sprint triathlon and 5k taking place on the beautiful campus of Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology!
The Tusk Tri is a 400 meter swim, 12.4 mile bike, and 5k run sprint triathlon hosted at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology by the Department of Recreational Sports and Athletic Facilities. There is also a regular 5k that will use the same 5k course for the pure runners and walkers and we will have a 1 mile fun run for the kids! Proceeds from this event benefits P.I.N.K. of Terre Haute.
The 2019 Athlete Guide is available here: Tusk Tri and 5k Race Guide
2020 Athlete Guide will be available closer to the event date.
The triathlon will begin with a 400 meter swim in Rose-Hulman's pool. Participants will start in the far lane of the pool and snake their way through each lane before exiting.
This event is open to participants 16 years and up. If a participant is interested in participating but is younger that 16 years old you must contact the race director and they will decide whether or not the child is able to participate. If your child is under 16 email email@example.com
Then, after proceeding through transition, participants will enjoy a 20k / 12.4 mile bike alongside beautiful, low traffic, country roads.
The 5k run will take place entirely within Rose-Hulman's campus.
Race Day Schedule:
- 6:00 a.m. - Packet pickup, registration, and body marking open - Rose Hulman Concession Stand
- 6:00 a.m. - Transition Opens
- 7:30 a.m. - Event Opening Ceremony for all Races begins - Rose Hulman Aquatic Center
- 7:30 a.m. - Pool opens for warm ups
- 7:45 a.m. - Transition closes
- 8:00 a.m. - Triathlon begins
- 8:15 a.m. - 1 Mile Kids Run begins - Rose Hulman Track (near transition area)
- 8:30 a.m. - 5k begins - Rose Hulman Track (near transition area)
- 9:30 a.m. - 5k Award ceremony begins - Rose Hulman Track (near transition area)
- 10:00 a.m. - Triathlon Award ceremony begins - Rose Hulman Track (near transition area)
- There will be a $10 price increase on March 25th for both the Non-Rose/ISU Individual and Team Triathlon
- There will be a $10 price increase for triathlon registrations and a $5 price increase for the 5k and 1 mile registration on race day
Thank you to our 2019 Sponsors for supporting this event!